Thursday, May 14, 2009

Ouch

The other night after I had put the kids to bed I came downstairs to do some cleaning. As is common at our house a few minutes later I heard someone upstairs in the bathroom putzing around. After 5 minutes I called up the stairs:

"HEY! YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE ASLEEP!!! GET BACK IN BED!!! DO YOU WANT ME TO COME UP THERE?!?!?!"

Gabe calls down to me:

"But MOM!!! I GOTTA GO POTTY!!!!"

Because he hasn't gone 3 times in the last half hour I tell him:

"WELL GO ALREADY AND GET BACK IN BED!!!"

I hear the the lid bang up on the toilet seat and the silence for a short time.

I then hear the lid bang closed immediately followed by a HORRIBLE SCREAM. An UGLY scream.

As I'm sprinting up the stairs Gabe is yelling:

"MOMMY!!! I HURT MYSELF ON MY PEE-PEE!!!! I GOT A BAD OUCHIE ON MY PEE-PEE!"

Lesson of the Day: If you are only half as tall as the toilet you need to pull up your underwear BEFORE you shut the lid.

1 comment:

Katie said...

okay, this story was absolutely the BEST and had me laughing so hard! Valuable lessons for a mother whose little boy will also be potty training soon. I'll remember to tell him about the order in which to pull up and put down... :)