Our Christmas was wonderful! We stayed in Minnesota over the weekend with Doug's dad. On Sat. before Christmas we went to a very LARGE family gathering on his Mom's side of the family. There were a whole bunch of people there and lots and lots of kids. It was chaos, it was crazy, it was Christmas.
We came back to South Dakota to my parents house on Christmas eve day. My sister Pam and her hubby Ty also arrived that day. The kids had a great time playing with them. They keep calling all 3 of their Auntie's Laura. Sorry Pam and Erica! Maybe if all 3 of you weren't blonde and beautiful!
Christmas was so much fun! This year they really get opening gifts. It was a very fun morning. They have been having a blast with all their new toys. I've been trying to figure out my new IPOD (guess it was time to join the 21st century!) and when we get home Douglas has a cool new Router tool to figure out as well. We had a delicious dinner of duck and ate until we couldn't eat any more. It is so special to be with family at Christmas, especially when you have small children to share.
I've been feeling great as far as my surgery goes. Very much recovered and it's been quite a while since I've had any pain meds. I do however have a few cold meds in my system. And I think the kids are getting a touch of my cold as well. It's not been horrible but it's not exactly fun either.
Here are just a few quick images from our trip so far (I've only taken over a 1000 in the last few weeks...and no that's NOT an extra zero on there.). Our great friends, Pat and Anna with their cute little guy, Myles, are due to go swimming with us any minute!
Happy New Year if I don't check in again before we get home! Ya, sure! You betcha!!!
Playing in the straw on the farm!
Visiting Grandma's new Library (it's a new one built at her school...not a new job!). It's really beautiful!
Eating Pizza with Auntie Erica, Mom and Dad in MN
Our family at Christmas with my parents and my 2 sisters (Laura is holding Gabe). Thanks to Uncle Ty for taking the picture!
3 crazy girls and 3 crazy kiddos!

No comments:
Post a Comment