Saturday, November 8, 2008

Dear Santa

Quite often I find the kids sitting somewhere reading something. When I glanced in the toy room and saw Sam hanging out in the chair I wasn't surprised. As I looked a little more closely at WHAT he was so attentively studying I had to smile.

My kids, like so many others, LOVE playing with their Thomas the Train wooden tracks. With each piece they include a handy little catalog of sorts. It gives ideas of how the track goes together but mainly it is a listing of most of their trains, tracks and accessories. When I found Sam in the chair he was studying this VERY carefully.

Me: Watcha ya looking at, buddy?
Sam: My choo-choo tracks! Der is my Thomas and da stop sign. And there is the Washing Car (he means the train washing piece).
Me: But we don't have the Washing Car one.
Sam: It's at da store! We can go and get it at da Thomas store!
Me: Not today, sweetie. We can't always get everything we see.
Sam: Dat's otay. Meebe tomowow?

Are you listening, Santa? Is Christmas tomorrow???

Studying intently
Ooooh. Maybe THAT one?
Look Leona! There are so many trains on here we don't have!

No comments: