Monday, January 5, 2009

A Snowy Day

I was dreading today a little bit. For the last couple of weeks we've been really busy. We've traveled, we've partied and we've been around lots of people each day. Especially one person in particular: Daddy.

The kiddos absolutely adore their daddy. And who can blame them. He's a fun guy. Well today Daddy had to go back to work. Sometimes he works from home but this week he's working on site for a stroller company. Which means it was just me and the kiddos at home today. It's usually a LOOOOOOONG first day for all of us after a holiday.

When the kids woke up this morning they were THRILLED to see the ground covered with snow. The snow kept coming all day. It was pretty light but it didn't melt like it normally does by 10 AM. After spending a bunch of time playing in their new closet I suggested they head outside. I should have suggested this from the other side of the room. I think my ears are still ringing from their shrieks of excitement.

They ended up playing outside in the yard for almost TWO hours. Almost entirely by themselves! Do you have ANY idea how long that is for a 3 year old? There are times I can't get them to focus on something for 20 minutes much less 2 hours! They had a GREAT time outside together. We have an outside toy box and they hadn't played with those toys in a LONG time. The toys were lonely. I know this because Sam told me that his toys had missed him.

There was a new green sled thing in the toy box that I had never seen before. I questioned my hubby this evening. Apparently this little green sled blew into our yard one day. He decided it was a gift from the Snow Gods (If you are one of our neighbors and are missing this green sled...I'm holding hostage until April!).

The kids loved it. When it was rolled up they made circles in the snow.

They pulled each other around for a while. And they even had fun trying to snow surf which caused a ridiculous amount of giggling.Gabe found his mower. He spent most of the day "Snowmowing". Sam had a great time scooping the snow. Most of it was scooped over his head usually blasting someone in the face.
Molly even got in on the snow action. She's ready...Get Set...
GOOOOOOOO! The chase is ON!!!
Oh forget running. I'll just roll around in the snow for a while so the kids can laugh at me. She's been very happy to have her pack back.
The only thing better about playing out in the snow all day is watching Daddy scoop the snow...
...except maybe snuggling on the couch watching a movie together after a long fun day outside!

So what was I doing during this lovely 2 hour hiatus??? Well isn't it obvious?!?! Let me know what you think! I decided this boring blog needed a little new life. And I know SOMEONE out there is much smarter than I am and can tell me how to code in a custom font, right??? Anyone??? Bueller?!?!

No comments: