One of Doug's favorite things to do is building Lego's. The kids (especially the boys) have really gotten into playing Lego's too. It's becoming quite evident that Sam has tendencies towards "The Knack". Poor Guy. Good thing he's got the rest of us normal people to help him out with that through the years!
Group Effort.
Finished Product. It's got levers and buttons and wheels. Oh My!
April is a rainy month. Even here in the dry desert. But we still try to get a little playing in between showers.
An obvious sign of spring: Construction Equipment in the neighborhood. All equipment must be observed and analyzed. You'd be amazed at how many pieces of equipment the kids can correctly identify like this "backhoe loader digger" here.
If it's too rainy outside you can still hang out inside and play "explorers". Sam made himself a telescope here with some paper and the kids built a lovely road of "stepping stones" all over the house. Books aren't just for reading at our house apparently.
We were missing Molly's leash for about 10 days at the beginning of the month. The last time I had seen it was when I had asked Gabe to please not string the bench to the front door. Then it disappeared. I thought I looked everywhere but I had not looked in the most obvious place: Underneath the kid's bathroom sink buried under some towels. Oddly enough it's been missing again for a few days and yes I have checked underneath the sinks!
We had our first bike ride of the season on Easter Sunday! A BEAUTIFUL day!
Douglas took the kids to Home Depot where they made a toolbox and got some really great orange aprons. Upon their return home they immediately had to wear their "worker" hats and glasses.
Leona with her "Leona" Lion. There's a great show on PBS Kids called Between the Lions with a cute girl lion named Leona. It's a pretty big hit at our house.
An indoor pretend picnic. Even Molly gets bored and decides to see if there is any REAL food!
All of this activity can be EXHAUSTING! Sam is so bad about napping lately. He rarely naps but sometimes he's in desperate need. One day out of sheer frustration I sent him upstairs to his room at 4pm to have some quiet time. This is how I found him...fast asleep!
We rented Cinderella from the Book Bus a few weeks ago and she fell in love. She ADORES Cinderella and will tell you that "Cinderella wears a pretty BLUE dress!". She really hasn't been into the whole princess thing at all but it appears she's finally there! Although sometimes it's hard for a princess to stay awake! Leona is still a great napper and she'll pretty much sleep anywhere. Even on the couch during Cinderella. It's exhausting being a princess sometimes and girls need their beauty sleep!



No comments:
Post a Comment