Today I ventured out with the kiddos to Costco and a quick return at the mall. I put the boys in the cart and Leona does pretty well walking and holding my hand. She likes to touch EVERYTHING that she passes but she holds on pretty well. We shared a delicious lunch of cheese pizza and hot dogs and I really think Gabe ate almost a whole slice of pizza. For being such a little guy he sure can put food away when he wants to!
They were really great and it sure is a lot easier taking them places now. The first place I ever took them out in public together alone (and not just on a walk around the neighborhood) was to Costco and I think they were around 11 months old at the time. Most moms take their kids out alone in the first week or two. I remember how scared I felt but once you do it a few times it gets easier.
We also did a quick return at the mall and no trip to the mall is complete without a walk through the Disney Store. We've been watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse after breakfast and the kids just all LOVE Mickey Mouse. They call him "Mi Mou" and they had a blast laughing and giggling at all of the Mickey's in the store. Sam kept saying "Bye, Bye Mi Mou" the whole way back to the car and waving his hand to him. So sweet! Tomorrow we conquer the zoo together...plus one as our sweet neighbor girl is going to come with us.
I got a little tired of changing the sheets today. The kids have all figured out how to take their diapers off which is never a good thing. For Sam we have found that a nice Superman Duct tape belt with a disposable diaper is pretty bullet proof. Leona had been leaving her diapers alone but the last few times I've found her sans clothing in her crib. She also likes to take her crib sheet off too. Not really sure why on that one. I think it's just cause she can. So she may soon be getting the Superman Sam treatment as well.
I've tried just about everything I can think of to keep diapers on my dear sweet angel boy, Gabriel. We tried the duct tape with a disposable diaper and he could just pull it down and wiggle out no matter how tight we got it on. For a while we were doing great with a button up shirt and putting a onsie over the top. But he figured out how to do the snaps or he can just pull his arms in, wiggle out of the onsie and then stick his arms back into the button up shirt. Houdini has nothing on this boy!
So we gave up. And just put him back in a cloth diaper (cause what's the sense in putting on a disposable one when he just ruins them anyway and is going to take them off). He was doing pretty well. He had been pooping or peeing in his diaper and THEN taking it off. Today was different.
This morning when I went to go in and get him he had taken his diaper off and wet his bed. Yuck. When I put him down for a nap it was very quiet right away (they were tired from the food gorging at Costco) and then he was screaming bloody murder. So I go up to check him out and he has taken his diaper off and pooped on his bed. Yuck. When I went to get them after nap time he had his diaper off and had once again pooped on his bed. Yuck. So I've changed his sheets THREE times today!!! ARGH!!!
So if anyone has any miracle suggestions I'd sure love to hear them. Yes, Mom, I'm sure he could be potty trained. We're slowly thinking about that (they really like to sit on the potty!). I still haven't found a store that sells underwear for little people that weigh 19 lbs. Let me know if anyone out there finds any!!! All I can find is size 2T which is usually for 25-29 lbs.
It's a good thing they are cute...and funny...and give me kisses!!! It's really hard to stay angry with them for too long!
A rare picture of Gabe sleeping...and he's still dressed!!! This is how he always sleeps. Snuggled on his Pooh Bear!

1 comment:
I love those kids, but I have absolutely no advice. You are my Mommy Hero.
Post a Comment