We had a pretty good Monday...as Mondays go! I spent a good chunk of the weekend organizing all of the kids toys. They have been REALLY bored in the playroom and it's certainly not for lack of toys. In the winter I'm really good about removing toys from the playroom and switching out totes with new toys for their amusement. Now that it's summer we spend a lot of time outside and less time in the playroom.
The toys have kind of fallen into a big abyss. There were puzzle pieces in different totes than the actual puzzle, Little People pieces were not with their families. You get the picture. So I organized things a little and cleared out some of our more babyish toys. I made a big pile of stuff in the garage and as soon as they saw all the stuff I was getting prepared to get rid of they immediately wanted to play with it! But in all it's nice to have the toys where they should be and they actually had a good morning playing with the new stuff that I had put in the toy room for them to play with.
We went to church on Sunday and we went to the Nursery to drop the kids off. They were looking over our check in paperwork and said "Looks like they had a birthday. They now go to the two year old room." WHAT?!?!?! Big kid Sunday School???? I wasn't prepared for that!!!! My little kids are growing up. I don't think that the nursery workers were very sad to see us go...and the very nice ladies in the two year old classroom only looked just slightly panicked!
Leona just LOVES going to church. She likes sitting at the little tables, working on a project, playing with the new toys and enjoying all the other kids. She doesn't even notice that we leave her to go into the service.
Church is always a little difficult for us. Sam is a pretty shy little guy. This time when we left he didn't really see us and we snuck out of the room pretty quickly. We had been in the service for a little while when we saw our number come up on the little board at the front of the church that alerts us that they need our assistance. So I went to get Sam who was frantically crying "Daddy! Daddy, DADDY!!!" at the top of his lungs. So we went and sat with Daddy in the service. One with us in the service isn't too bad.
Well 10 or 15 more minutes pass and you guessed it...our number is back up on the board. So I sneak out during a prayer (good thing we sit at the back) and head to the classroom. Gabe is frantically crying for "Am, Am" (Sam). So we take him out of the classroom (the teacher seems VERY happy that her two needy boys are gone and she's left with one sweet little girl) and we head into the service again.
Well two boys = four times the trouble. They are of course thrilled to see each other and happily giggle and chatter back and forth. It's hard to be mad at them...but of course we are in another prayer. So then the message actually starts. It's hard to get toddlers to be quiet but they were pretty good. We had some magnadoodles, a book and some stickers. They had to switch sitting with each of us about half a dozen times but otherwise they were pretty good little troopers.
So what's the problem you ask? Well, what did I get out of the service? A few stickers on my hand and a piece of cake (because we were celebrating 3 years in our church building)...but I have absolutely no idea what our pastor said. I just hope God will understand!
serving tray with lid
5 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment