Thursday, July 5, 2007

A Fabulous Fourth!

So we had a Fabulous Fourth of July! It was quite a busy day and we had a few big "firsts" for the kids.

In the morning we took the kids to their first movie. Most major movie theatres show free kids movies on weekday mornings and they were showing "Happy Feet" at ours this week so that's what we took them to. Since it was free I figured it wouldn't be a big deal if we only lasted 20 minutes.

The movie started a few minutes late and then they showed the Harry Potter preview which scared most of the kids in the movie theatre half to death! The boys just clung to Daddy! But then the started to get into it and they started really enjoying it. The would dance when the penguins would dance and there was lots of laughter and giggling. I gave them some popcorn about halfway through the movie and that was a lot of fun for them. I really didn't know how long they would last and they got a little bit busier at the end but they made it through the WHOLE movie! I never would have guessed that!

As we were walking out of the movie theatre we were waiting for Daddy and I was trying to walk with all 3 of them. Normally I can get two of the kids to hold my pinkie finger and my thumb but it wasn't going so well. So I asked Leona and Gabe to hold hands...and they did! And it was so sweet and cute. They held hands the whole way out of the theatre and back to the car!

After the movie we went to Toys R Us. I've taken them there before but we've always been in the stroller. Well this time we just all held hands and they had a BALL! They had so much fun running around and playing with the train table, the Elmo's and all those cool cars! They were not very happy when we left!

We all came home and took a nap. I hung out at the pool for about and hour WITHOUT the kids! And then we all got ready for our next outing! Our neighbors Scott, DeAnna and Isabelle had great box seats they shared with us and we all went to the game together. Fortunately, the seats were in the shade! They really didn't pay very much attention to the game (and we didn't either since we were busy chasing kids!) but they made it about halfway through the game.

We left a little after 9pm and made a short stop to DQ for Douglas and I to get a treat. We really thought that the kids would fall asleep on the way home but no such luck. It was almost 10pm and the kids were STILL awake. So we tossed them in their wagon and walked out front where a bunch of neighbors were doing fireworks. They watched the fireworks for a while but they were pretty tired and started to get scared so we decided to go home and get them to bed! It was almost 10:45 when they finally went to sleep!

We all had QUITE the big day! First movie, First Holding hands, First Ballgame, First Fireworks! What a day!!! We were ALL tired today! And did I mention that it's been over 100 here everyday? We even made the Yahoo news headlines! http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070705/ap_on_re_us/heat_wave

Here's some fun pictures from our Fabulous Fourth! I hope your day was just as fun as ours!




1 comment:

M said...

What a great day you guys had....I love the slide show. They did great for such a busy long day.