Saturday, July 28, 2007

Visitors Galore

So it's been busier than usual. We sadly said "bye, bye" to Grandmpa as he drove off on his motorcycle. We had a great visit with him here. The kids are already looking around for "gwampa". We built an arbor for grapes, planted some berry bushes (blackberry, raspberry and blueberry) and had a lot of fun making more animal noises.

Grandpa traveled out here with his cousin Greg and wife Becky. They headed to the Oregon coast and then came back out here to pick him up. We had a delicious breakfast today before they all left.

On Thursday one of my best friends, Mara, flew in from Minneapolis to spend a few days with us. We done some shopping, playing at the pool and just having some fun girl time together.

So there have been a lot of people around!!! It's been fun and the kids have really enjoyed it. I also played travel agent this week and booked my mom a ticket out here to spend a few days before she goes back to school. I also booked tickets for Leona and I to go back to South Dakokta for a few days in October. If you need any travel arrangements made...just let me know! I'm pretty proficient at this point!

It has of course still be hot (around 100 each day). On Friday we went out to a nearby state park where they have a beach on the river. The kids had a great time walking into the water. They really liked that it sloped in gradually and had so much fun playing in the sand! Gabe had a really hard time leaving the toys alone that were just laying around on the beach NOT being used!

Tommorrow should be a fun water day as well. Douglas, Mara and I are going on a day long white water rafting trip in Cascade (about 1.5 hours north of us). It's supposed to be a great place to raft. I'm really excited but since I'm not really the world's greatest swimmer I'm a little nervous! So if you don't hear from me in a few days...We probably did fall in!!!

No comments: