As many of you know we have an ongoing battle with the boy's diaper. He refuses to keep it on for nighttime or naptime. I have literally tried EVERY possible combination of options to keep his diaper on. He's Houdini. We aren't saving for college. We're saving for Magician School.
I have tried onsies, button down shirts, duct tape, no duct tape, pj's on backwards, a one piece outfit that buttoned at the crotch. Right now he's got on a button up shirt, backwards. This is paired with a disposable diaper that is duct taped closed. Then over the diaper (through the crotch) there is another piece of duct tape, followed by a piece of duct tape ON the shirt to hold this whole ensemble together. I can hardly get this off. It worked today for a nap. We'll see if it makes it until morning.
Tonight's newest magic trick is a form of a disappearing act. From his bed. How is this possible, you ask? I'm still not sure. We have a lovely crib tent over his bed. There are teeny, tiny openings on the side. I think most cats would have a difficult time getting through these openings. And yet somehow this teeny, tiny persistent little man can fit through these openings.
He just discovered it today. At naptime I heard a thud. Thuds are not good. Then I heard a door close. Also not good. I went upstairs and there he was. Out. Having a grand time.
So now it is 11PM. He is exhausted. We are exhausted. We've put him BACK into his crib no less than a dozen times at this point. I've tried fixing the holes (as much as you can this late in the evening). If we let him get out he wakes up Leona (I'm pretty sure Sam could sleep through a nuclear war. He's definitely my boy in that respect!). She doesn't like to miss out on anything though.
So for the last 20 minutes or so we've just let him hang out up there. Hoping that he will eventually get tired and go to sleep. On the floor, on the chair. I really don't care WHERE he sleeps...just that he GOES to sleep...SO I CAN TOO!!!
The latest fashion
The last outfit (he looks thrilled here, huh?). He HATED this outfit. It's so uuuugly and it worked well for a while. But he has now busted the crotch out again (I've stitched it once before) and he has figured out that he can reach up inside it and get his diaper off anyway.
His crib tent. He looks so happy in there. Looks can be deceiving!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment