Yes I know they are over two years old and most people turn them around when they are one year of age but it's SOOOOOO much safer for kids to be rear facing in their car seats. And it really wasn't any harder for them to be rear facing. They were still able to see things because the seat is low in the Jeep. They were all doing it together and we were used to it. No big deal.
Well Leona's old seat could no longer support her rear facing because of her height. I had bought really cool seats for all the kids (that use a 5 point harness up to 65 lbs) way back in March. But they fit better in the car forward facing than rear facing. Also I was waiting for Gabe to get a little closer to the 20 lb mark to turn all of the kids around.
So last night I installed the new seats. They are really nice and plush. Not to mention clean! I really love how tight I was able to get the seats installed into the Jeep. They are VERY narrow but really solid. We didn't get a chance to go for a ride last night but we were able to break them in today.
The kids really liked their new seats. I explained that they were now big kids and they could ride in the car like Mommy and Daddy did. Leona was so excited and kept saying "Big Kids". They liked seeing all of the cars, trucks and airplanes they saw as we drove and gave me a play by play during our short trip. They thought it was pretty neat. I'll just have to give them a map the next time we go on a road trip!
It was time though...but it does just makes them seem a little bit more like big kids! Here's Leona trying out her new seat in the house before I put it in the car.
Going for a ride!
The kids have really started saying a few more things. Leona's favorite thing to say right now is "No". She says it as well as any 14 year old diva. She says it for any question you ask her. Except maybe if you ask her "Do you want some ice cream?".
Gabe can now say his name. It's so cute. Any time he wants something he'll say "Geeby". Sam is silly and funny. When he sees Daddy eating something or after Dad gives him a snack he says "Mmmm, Dada" several times in a row. It's so funny. Here's a couple videos of the boys and their vocal talents.

No comments:
Post a Comment