Well...they got me. I'm officially surprised. I'm not easily surprised. I'm usually the ones planning the surprises or I can catch wind of something being up. Not today.
Mom and I hung out this morning and played with the kids. I packed a picnic lunch and we packed up the kids and headed out to the park. Doug was going to meet us there after a little while and we could all eat together. So we played for a while and then he showed up. We were watching the kids playing on the playground equipment for a while.
I turned around and saw two young girls walking towards us...and then realized...IT WAS MY SISTERS!!!!! Doug had picked up Pam and Laura at the airport and they surprised me!!! I was pretty speechless! They got me pretty good! They will be here until Friday.
It's so fun to have all of us here! What a special day!!! And we've been busying trying out my birthday gift from my hubby, a beautiful acoustic guitar. Now I just need to learn how to play it.
We're headed to the fair this evening with the kiddos but I don't know if this old lady can handle any more surprises! I must be getting old!
Here's a video of Grandma and the kiddos.
serving tray with lid
5 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment