Sometimes I'm amazed at God's grace. I shouldn't be. But I am. I'm so fortunate in my life. I have 3 amazingly healthy and loving children, a husband who puts up with my craziness, a family who is continually supportive of whatever I'm doing and friends who have seen me at my worst and still want to talk to me.
Tonight I called one of my best friends, Anna. We don't get a chance to talk nearly enough. Anna and I went to college together at North Dakota State University. We kind of introduced her to her hubby. She has a delightful almost one year old son, Myles. Anna can always make me laugh. We have always just clicked and always just GOT each other. I remember in college when we would laugh about being stay at home moms and watching our kiddos run around together growing up.
Unfortunately Anna and her family live just outside of Washington, DC. Pretty much ALL the way across the country. You can't just get together for lunch. We were fortunate enough to spend some time with her during our April vacation. And after chatting with her tonight I realize how much I miss her.
I miss lots of people. Technology is amazing because it allows us to communicate in fantastic ways (like this blog). But because of technology we move all over the place and we are able to fly around to various places when we need to. It still doesn't replace being able to see each other every day. I know that it's really hard for our family that we live so very far away. It's probably hard for them to understand why we want to be here. Sometimes we wonder that too. But we still love it here and feel that this is where we are supposed to be.
The important thing to remember is how blessed we all are to have each other. Even if we are spread out all across the country. We have fantastic friends and family in Minneapolis, Denver, DC, Omaha and in South Dakota, Minnesota and Texas. It's amazing how God chooses people for your life, both friends and family, and the warmth you feel knowing that no matter where we all live...we are still always there for each other.
serving tray with lid
5 years ago

1 comment:
You said that perfectly....it is amazing and due to technology I have met some wonderful people. ;)
Post a Comment