The boy's cribs in the kids' room both have crib tents on them. They are about a foot apart. The boys can't actually touch each other but they are certainly close enough to entertain each other. They would hold up their animals or pillows and chatter back and forth. It sounded like a day at the circus up there.
I've tried everything this past week to get them to go to sleep. I've tried leaving them alone. I tried going in there every 5 minutes (as soon as I stick my head in there both boys IMMEDIATELY drop down on their beds and "pretend" to be asleep). I tried staying in there and waiting for them to go to sleep (they thought that was pretty great actually). I tried giving them books so they would read quietly. They used to get books but they would just destroy them so that stopped. This time they didn't destroy them but Gabe would scream bloody murder every 5 minutes because he wanted to either swap books with Sam or get a new book completely.
I was going out of my mind trying to get these boys to nap. Wait! What about Leona? Well that sweet girl knows that she needs a nap. Before we go down for nap we do a group story and they each get a song and a snuggle. I start with Leona, then Sam and Gabe is last. By the time I get done with Gabe Leona is almost a sleep. She sleeps for a couple of hours and then she's up. Girls are so smart.
Why not just let the boys stay up? Well they are only 2.5 years old and trust me when I say they desperately NEED a nap. This started on Tuesday. Every night by 6pm they were MONSTERS. My sweet, funny, nice little boys were replaced with total monsters. It wasn't pretty. And second...and I feel a little bad for this...but I need a break from them by nap time. Now that the kids are everywhere nap time is my time to try to reorganize the aftermath of the F5 tornado that has gone through the house since the time they woke up. I also might get a few minutes to eat something or actually go to the bathroom...by myself. What a concept, huh?
On Saturday Daddy got a taste of what it's like to be here and attempt to get the boys to go to nap. He didn't have any magic Daddy tricks either. So I called Grandma and complained. Somehow my Mom always knows what to do. "You've got to split them up. They spend all day together. They don't need to be together at nap time." She's so smart. She must have done this raising kids thing before.
Since Gabe is not allowed out of his crib tent (remember a few months back when he figured out how to get out of his crib tent???) and Leona was sleeping just fine we decided that sweet, easy going, silly Sam would get to sleep in the PackNPlay in the guest room. He was definitely confused when Doug put him in there. He kept saying "Nammy's bed???". But Douglas laid in there with him for a bit and he seemed okay after a while.
And amazingly ALL of our kiddos napped today. And my boy monsters were replaced with happy, sweet little angels. We'll see how long we can make it last!!!
"Silly Boys...Go to SLEEP already!!!"

1 comment:
How did our moms get so smart. :D Glad she was helpful...for all of those involved.
Post a Comment