Sunday, February 10, 2008

Cookin'

Cookin' is a very favorite activity at our house. The trio LOVES cookin' as they call it. Several months ago Belle passed her kitchen down to us. We've had it upstairs in the play area there but last weekend I did a little bit of rearranging. I brought the kitchen downstairs and moved the climber upstairs. They have LOVED having their kitchen downstairs and can be found cutting, stirring and arguing over who should have the biggest bowl.

The other day Sam decided that he didn't need an afternoon nap so he came downstairs and helped me do a little bit of real cookin'. He loved helping me and we had a great time making some bread...and a really big mess in the kitchen. He did the stirring and loved that we put blueberries and bananas in the bread. It's so difficult sometimes to get some quality time with each of the kids so this was a special treat for both of us.

I had some fun making a few treats this weekend. Because December was such a busy month with my surgery, the Prairie West party and our trip back to South Dakota, I never did any holiday baking. I normally love to make treats to share with the neighbors. This year everyone just got Valentine treats instead of Christmas treats. It's also a fun way to say Thank You for all the help that we received from everyone in December. Our neighbors were truly generous and it's nice to be able to repay the favor! If I could I'd send everyone a cookie over the internet...but I guess we haven't reached THAT level of technology yet!

Sam making some bread with me the other day.
Are all these treats for ME?!?!?!
Loving their new kitchen location!

No comments: