Monday, February 25, 2008

Potty Training Update - Week 2

Another week down. I think the kids are getting it...but we still have some hold backs.

Today I knew Sam had to poop. He of course did not want to poop. He thinks he has to pee. So he tells me he wants to pee. We go pee. First he wants to sit on the big potty. Nothing. Then he wants to stand over his little potty. Nothing. So I know he has to poop.

Five minutes go by and we repeat this pattern with one exception. When he stands over his little potty he starts to pee. Good...then all of the sudden he drops a big old poop on the floor!!!!! AUGH!!!!!! I was talking to my sister Laura at the time and she thought this entire process was a little too funny. Why that boy won't poop on the potty is beyond me. Really.

Leona has been doing pretty good. She had an accident tonight and it was so very upsetting to her. She was so sad but it really wasn't her fault. She was not feeling well and had a fever and I think she was just a little too out of it to realize she had to go. I tried her in a waterproof trainer at nap time and she didn't do so well in that.

Gabe is still a potty expert. He does great going on the big potty now. He's so proud of himself. And he'll just go by himself. I'll hear him saying "YEAH!!!" in the bathroom and I'll come in and he's all finished up. He's even getting pretty good at wiping, washing and drying. Water conservation is something we are trying to work on though.

Potty training has certainly been a patience tester for me!!! But I'm so proud of my kiddos that they have been doing so well. I'm still too scared to take them out beyond the 'hood with just their undies on yet...I wonder how long it will take me to get brave!

No comments: