Saturday, February 16, 2008

A Little Under the Weather

It's hard being a parent. It's hard to find time to get away and spend time together as a couple. It's hard to find time to get the laundry folded and it's especially hard on your heart when your kids are sick.

Douglas and I had a GREAT time skiing on Friday evening. The weather could not have been nicer. Beautiful sunny skies showcased a remarkable sunset over the mountains with the lights of the city twinkling down in the valley. We had not had a chance to ski at all this year and we had such a fun time swooshing down the slopes. It's amazing to think that next year our "little" babies will be able to be up there with us! They'll probably ski better than I do!

When we arrived home Jana, our frequent babysitter, told us that poor little Gabe had thrown up at dinner. His nose had been runny all day but otherwise he seemed fine when we left. I felt so guilty that I was not here to hug my poor tiny man when he wasn't feeling well. We gave him Tylenol a few times in the night as he had quite a fever. This morning he was so lethargic this morning but he perked up after he had some breakfast.

So I went out to do a few errands while Douglas stayed home with the kiddos. Douglas wasn't feeling the best either so they all had a movie morning. He fed the kids some Maccie Cheezzzz for lunch and poor Sam lost his lunch. We aren't sure if Sam had an air bubble in his tummy from drinking too quickly or if he was sick too. He seemed fine as the day went on although he seems to have picked up the same cough. So far the girls in the family seem to be keeping the "sickie germs" at bay for the time being.

No comments: