Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Big Drum

Poor little Gabe. He doesn't like "da big dwum in da sky". I went for a run last night. When I got back it was REALLY thundering and lightning which woke Gabe up. The previous day we had talked about the thunder at how it is just the angels playing a big drum in the sky. It's just music and we don't have to be scared of it. Maybe if I tell the kids that often enough I will eventually not be scared of it either!

Douglas went up to snuggle him. Sam had woken up too and was trying help Gabe feel better.

Sam: Geeby scewed (scared) of da big dwum. It's otay Geeby. Daddy got you. Molly got you. Daddy keep you safe.

Oh. They can be so sweet sometimes it makes my heart melt. Is this the same Sam who early today was chasing Gabe around with the jump rope?

No comments: