Monday, September 8, 2008

Ribbit, Ribbit

I went to Art in the Park this weekend. Actually I went twice! I was single parenting most of the week (which is for the birds if you really want to know) so on Saturday I was able to get a bit of a reprieve. Sarah, our wonderful nanny, came and entertained the kids. She actually chased them all the way to the top of Camel's Back Park (which is REALLY a good hike!). While she was busy wearing out the troops I was gorging myself at Goldy's, which has the BEST breakfast in Boise, with my best friend Jen.

After we rolled ourselves out the door we walked down to Art in the Park. I had been there the previous day with the kiddos, my friends Courtney and Kerry and their little guys. We had fun going with the kids but I really enjoyed going with Jen. We wandered and gawked; browsed and shopped.

Art in the Park is one of my favorite things in Boise. You always run into people you know and there's some really cool art. This isn't just a little craft show. You have to be really good to be invited to Art in the Park. I found some great, colorful prints for the kids' room, an awesome hammock chair and a froggy hat.

Many of the vendors return every year and it's always fun to see what they have. Last year there was a vendor that had ADORABLE hats. REALLY, REALLY adorable hats. There was one in particular that Gabe loved. It was, of course, green and had adorable eyes on top like a cute frog. Last year the small size fit him perfectly. So I knew it would only fit for the one year.

This year the hat was back. He loved it. He tried it on and was so so happy. Meeting Winnie the Pooh happy. THAT happy. "Froggies go Ribbit, RIBBIT!!! Look! Geeby goes Ribbit, RIBBIT!!!" As you can guess this year I could not resist and I brought the froggy hat home on Friday. I would have loved to get ALL of the kids a hat but that just wasn't in the budge. Leona has several cute hats and Sam really didn't seem to care much for them anyway.

So Gabe has a new froggy hat. Do you think he looks happy about his new hat? He might be. I've hardly been able to keep it off of his head since. It was 85 degrees today and here's Gabe. Eating an orange push up and wearing his froggy hat. Pure happiness!!!

1 comment:

Triplethefunplus2 said...

I LOVE that hat!!! I'm a hat freak! Does this guy have a website??

Miss chatting with you!