At Sam and Gabe's appointment I spent most of the visit attempting to visit with the doctor (mainly about Gabe's allergy/asthma/eczema issues) and trying to keep the boys from wrestling each other. Girls will sit nicely and read stories. 2 boys are a non-stop WWE Saturday Night Special.
I wish I would have been able to count the number of times I frustratingly uttered the following phrases:
BOYS! Sit DOWN!
STOP TOUCHING EACH OTHER!
PLEASE USE YOUR INSIDE VOICE!
WHAT DID I JUST SAY?!?! I NEED YOU TO PLEASE LISTEN TO ME!!!
I was only yelling those things on the inside and hissing them as politely as I could while trying to remember what doses of medication I had just mentioned to the doctor.
It's not really their fault. Those exam rooms are about as big as prison cells. And after 1.5 hours I would have rather spent the night in a maximum security facility. 24 hours of solitude sounded pretty nice.
And this was BEFORE we had their shots. The problem with having 3 children the same age is they are able to witness the horror that has occurred to their siblings and they start to voice their concerns as well.
Someone please remind me to bring earplugs along for myself and the nurse for our next doctor appointment.
The kids all are growing just fine.
Sam: 36 lbs and 42 inches
Leona: 42 lbs and 41.5 inches
Gabe: 32 lbs and 39.75 inches
Leona had her appointment this week. The events of the July appointment still had left scars on my brain and in a rare moment of genius I bribed my sister Laura with homemade salsa if she would keep an eye on the boys at the farm while Leona had her appointment.
I didn't even think about it at the time but one of the perks of her appointment was the chance to do something rare with my daughter. We spent MOST of the day together. No stinky brothers to bother us. No wrestling matches. No shots. It was blissful.
It's really a treat to get to spend time with the kids individually. I always try to make an effort each day to do something with each of them but it doesn't always work out. Not that I'm going to complain when I start reading a story to Gabe that Leona and Sam crawl up on the couch too. But it was a special day.
After her doctor appointment we had a lunch date with daddy. Douglas' office is very near the famous Sioux "Falls". When I was in High School this was not a part of town you wanted to venture but it has since been renovated. He can walk there. See that building in the background of the picture? That's our lunch destination. And do you see how long her hair is?

But first you have to cross over a bridge. It really helps if someone can make you a little taller so you can see better.

The Sioux Falls

See the falls in the background?

It's a really pretty spot for lunch. We've had many summer picnics in "Daddy's Park".

This little lunch spot also has ice cream. It's just too bad Leona doesn't like ice cream. Especially Rainbow Fun ice cream.

After lunch we had another appointment - this one with Crystal, my cousin Adam's wife. The boys love Adam. He works at the farm and he's kind of a big kid himself. They've had a few tractor rides with Adam.
Leona has had a few haircuts over the years but they've always just been trims. We've never taken any substantial length off. Crystal gave Leona the royal treatment. She got her hair washed in the special sink. She had to tell the boys all about that.

Crystal is expecting her own little princess in October. How cute is she?!?!?! I'm sure she'll have a ton of fun doing her own daughter's hair.

Crystal cut several inches off, used the blow dryer and curled her hair too. The ends were so scraggly and thin. Leona's hair is about at her shoulders and it really looks so pretty on her. It also doesn't get so tangled. We've had a lot of tears while combing her hair over the years.

Leona loves her new 'do and had SO much fun getting a big girl hair cut.
It's amazing how much older she looks! She really is such a sweet, pretty girl! I know we're both looking forward to another Leona Day.

No comments:
Post a Comment