"You might want to leave the room," he said. "You aren't going to be happy about this."
All of the kids sleep with a large assortment of buddies. I'm really not even sure where or how they sleep. It's an explosion of plush soft blankets, Disney characters and assorted animals.

Leona also likes to sleep with 2 books at bedtime. Not one. Not three. Two stories. Each night we have the following conversation:
"Mama! I have to get my 2 stories for up in my bed!"
and I reply, "Did you put away your stories from last night?"
She always smiled and said yes.
She had been putting them away. Just not back on the bookshelf.
When Douglas crawled up into her bed he found at least FIFTY stories buried at the very front of her bed underneath her pillows, blankets and buddies.
"That's my FAVORITE tractor book," cried Sam!
"My funny FROGGY book," exclaimed Gabe!
Leona just smiled sweetly while we all stood around fuming.
I hadn't really noticed we were missing a large number of books because I'd done some unpacking and had been adding books to the numerous locations they occupy in our home.
Leona and I had a nice long discussion about where those stories belonged. She also lost her 2 story privileges for a few days.
Now when I ask her if she put her stories away from last night she smiles sweetly and says, "Hmmm...Let me go check."
She (and her dress-up buddy Gabe) are to cute for their own good. At least now I know where she's hiding things.
I should go back and dig a little more. Maybe my sanity is buried under all those stories too!


No comments:
Post a Comment