Saturday, August 11, 2007

Jail

Well Gabe finally collapsed asleep the other night. Crazy, tired little man. On Friday I got a phone call from my friend Annie. She has triplets just a few days younger than my kiddos and we were on bedrest together. We've never met but she's a great friend and always has great advice. So she asks me...

Annie: "How on earth can he get out?"
Me: "Well up through those ties on the side. He just wiggles on up."
A: "Doesn't the mesh go all the way around on the inside of the crib tent?"
Me: "No."
A: "Well you have the original crib tent. You need the crib tent 2."

So 10 minutes later I was in the car on the way to Babies R Us (that store ate my retirement account for breakfast, lunch and dinner the first year of the kids life). It's way the heck across town. No one knows where the heck they are. Apparently they aren't a popular item according to my clueless sales lady. Apparently not every one has three two year old monkeys.

I get it home and get it assembled (I'm getting really good at these things and they are kind of a pain to put together. They have the worlds stickiest velcro which is probably a good thing). Sure enough there is mesh around the entire inside of this thing. It goes underneath the mattress. It's great. Toddler Jail. I love it! Gabe's not so thrilled though. But he did go to sleep last night and we didn't spend the entire night chasing him. He also has been leaving on his latest duct tape/shirt combo so I haven't had to change his sheets every 10 minutes.

So for now Mommy can give a little sigh of relief. I'm tempted to let out an evil chuckle...but I'm still scared he'll figure out some new way to outsmart me!

The kids are obsessed with the water bottle that I use to get their hair wet when I comb it. So I got one for each of them the last time I was at Target. I filled them with water and the fun really started...

Sheriff Sam...inspecting his gun. It's really cool...cause that's the face he makes whenever he thinks something is really cool.

Deputy Leona...Hey sis! Point it the other way! You aren't supposed to shoot yourself!

The Villain..."Stick 'em up, Gabe. You're under arrest for indecent exposure! AGAIN!"
"You can send me to jail...just please don't make me wear any clothes"
"We got him Judge Mommy! Aren't you proud of us!?!?!"

2 comments:

EP said...

Hilarious!

M said...

PRECIOUS....I love the dialog!!! And well..the pics are pretty darn cute.