Me: "Tomorrow the Easter Bunny will come and he's going to bring you some eggs and your Easter baskets!"
Sam: "Eastew Bunny no eat eggs. Eastew Bunny eat GRASS!"
Gabe: "Eastew Bunny eats CAWWOTS!!!"
Me: "Yes. The Easter Bunny eats Grass and Carrots."
Leona: "Geeby scawed Eastew Bunny."
Sam: "Geeby no wike Eastew Bunny."
Gabe: "Eastew Bunny go home. Go home own house."
Me: "Does the Easter Bunny have a tail?"
Leona: "Yes!"
Me: "Does Sissy have a tail?"
Leona: (looking confused) "No. Sissy no have tail."
Me: "Are you sure?"
Leona: (turning around and glancing at her tush) "No. Sissy no have tail. Sissy have BOTTOM! Molly have tail. Molly tail ouchy. Molly go doctor."
Me: "Molly is all better now."
Gabe: "Mommy ouchie tummy? Mommy go doctor?"
Me: "Mommy is all better too. Remember you kissed it and made my tummy all better."
Sam: "Yeah. Nammy all better Mommy."
Explaining the Easter Bunny is really a tough thing as a parent. It's completely random why a bunny leaves eggs and baskets. And what exactly does this Bunny have to do with the Resurrection of Jesus anyway?!?!?! And half of our conversations end up with someone at the doctor getting all better.
I had taken the kids to the mall last week since the boys needed haircuts. While we were there we of course went to visit Mickey Mouse. We also attempted to visit the Easter Bunny. It was a pretty quiet time of the day and there weren't many kids there. The kids were SO excited about seeing the Easter Bunny. Until we got there.
Why is the mall Easter Bunny so big and scary looking?!?!?! Sam and Leona each went up and gave the Easter Bunny a hug but quickly ran back to me after their hug. No way were they going to sit there with him. Gabe wanted absolutely NOTHING to do with the Easter Bunny. He wouldn't even go into the cute little white picket fence area. I can't blame him. I didn't really want to go near that big scary bunny either!
Easter Sunday started out with a big basket hunt! The Easter Bunny always hid our baskets when I was growing up. He also left lots of candy and eggs around. You had to first find your basket before collecting any candy. Then you had to wait until all of your siblings found their baskets until you could all start collecting the candy. You were also not allowed to help your siblings find their baskets.
My brother Tim and I always managed to find our baskets pretty quickly. My baby sister Laura could usually find hers too. They were hidden about as well as the Easter Bunny hid the baskets for my kids this year. And then there was Pam. Poor Pam. She could NEVER find her basket. And we all had to wait for her to find it. Without helping her. It was SO frustrating. It's funny now though and we still tease her about it. I think she's gotten over it!
The kids had a great time finding their baskets. They also REALLY liked finding the plastic eggs. The Easter Bunny had put some Jelly Beans and Licorice bites in these eggs. For kids not accustomed to getting much candy and ABSOLUTELY NEVER before breakfast they were just amazed!
Leona and her Easter Basket
Gabe dragging his basket out from under the table where he found his basket hidden.
My "Cool Dudes" ready for church. The sunglasses have been a favorite part of their Easter basket goodies!
The epitome of cuteness!
We went to the 10:30 service at church after finally convincing the kids to leave their eggs and baskets home. They actually even ate a little bit of the delicious breakfast we enjoyed. Douglas has been hanging out in the 2 year old Sunday school class (I think he may be coerced into teaching Sunday school by the time the kids get to the 3 year old class!). He went along and helped out with the kids Easter Egg hunt. And tried to keep them from eating a whole bunch MORE candy.
Sis and her friends hunting for eggs.
Gabe filling his bag full of goodies.
Sam showing Daniel (Sarah & Jana's younger brother) his egg collection.
After church pile up on Daddy!
All 3 kiddos. All looking at the camera. All smiling! Can't beat that!
Doing a bit of painting before lunch. I think she may have a great future in water colors.
As a mom of triplets there are some things that I just dread. Large crowds of people, the days we end up with no naps for all of the kids and messy projects. It's hard because there are certain things as a parent you feel your child should be able to experience but the thought of the experience is just so overwhelming as a parent that you just want to skip it.
At Easter one of the most traditional things you do as a kid...is dye Easter Eggs. Dye. Mess. Scary. I've had the stuff for a few weeks. Before Douglas and I went to bed on Saturday night we talked about how we hadn't gone to a big Easter Egg hunt or anything extra special for Easter. So we decided that we would dye eggs after church.
We got the kids all changed out of their clothes. They wore some old shirts and no pants (why stain the pants, right?). We got out their little table and put down bunch of newspaper. I got the dye ready and only did the colors as pastels rather than the bright colors (they might as well be light stains, right?).
And then I tried not to have a heart attack. "Don't touch it! STOP! WAIT! ACK!" The kids of course wanted to each do an egg. We were aiming for one at a time. They wanted to dip their hands in to get the eggs out. They were fascinated. And it was fun. Messy but fun. And I don't think anything is permanently stained. At least not that I have found yet.
Douglas was a lot calmer with the Egg Dying process than I was. One of the more hysterical aspects of the whole process is Gabe's Egg handling skills...or lack there of. He dropped EVERY single one of his eggs off the table somehow. The eggs were of course hard boiled but they still crack. He would look so concerned and say "Uh-oh Geeby's eggy!!!".
Fortunately for all of us after the fun of the morning we ALL took lovely naps. Then we headed over to our wonderful neighbors, Scott, DeAnna & Isabelle for a delicious dinner. The trio had so much fun playing with Belle, our other neighbor girl Esme who was their with her parents, and all her toys! Towards the end of the evening the kids got tired so they watched a movie for a bit.
Sam wanted to "Sugga" and he didn't want to do it with me. He's really got a thing for older women...and he's got an awfully big crush on Miss Belle. I can't say that I blame him. If he was to pick anyone after his momma for his first love...he sure picked himself a real sweetheart!

Are you STILL reading this?!?!?! Don't you have anything better to do?!?! I have to go to sleep. Don't you see why I'm Egghausted?!?!?!

1 comment:
They are way too cute Jules!!! I love them!!
Post a Comment