We're getting there!!!! I'm so proud of my kiddos. They LOVE doing their little sticker charts and they get very excited with their successes on the potty. We have lots of clapping, "YEAH!!!!" and jumping around. The big thing this week is almost everyone wants to go on the big potty. I'm not complaining about that. The boys actually can monkey their way up onto the potty. So far no one has fallen in (there is a nice little Elmo potty insert for their tiny bottoms).
We were VERY brave and went out today for a Jeep ride...with ALL of the kids in underwear. We had a big talk about how we don't pee in the car. I had put some burp cloths underneath them just in case but they didn't even need them. They all went potty while we were at a restaurant for lunch and stayed dry the entire time they were in the car! I'm so proud of them!
I would say that Gabe is 100% trained during the day. He does have an occasional accident but 99% of the time always goes on the potty. I often find him in the bathroom already done with his business. He stays dry at naptime almost all of the time and he is in a cloth trainer at night. He does still wet this trainer but he doesn't completely soak it.
Leona is still having some accidents but she goes on the potty a large portion of the time. She can go 2-3 hours before she has to go again. She definitely has the most control when it comes to the potty. I've tried her at naptime and she has woken up soaked each time. So we'll hold off on that for a while.
Sam does VERY well on the potty too. He is GREAT with peeing on the potty. He'll come up to me with his sweet little face and say "Poooooooootty" with a big ole smile. Then off to the potty we go. He has had a few pee accidents but not too many. Usually when he gets busy playing.
I'm still struggling with Sam pooping on the potty. He KNOWS he has to go. I KNOW he has to go. And yet....it's not quite that simple. The other day he came up to me several times in the morning asking to go potty. Each time we went he hardly had any pee. So I know that he needed to go. But he never went. This went on all morning. Every 10 minutes or so we kept trying. I promised him everything but the moon I think. I finally kicked the kids outside. In a one hour period Sam came in EIGHT times in ONE hour. That was when I started counting. The 8th time he finally went poop on the potty. He got a phone call from Cookie Monster, a phone call to Grandma, some fruit snacks and a new book.
Unfortunately the next day we went through the same thing...but not quite with the outcome I would have liked. One step forward, two steps back. So be forewarned if you get a phone call from me begging you to be Winnie the Pooh...just do your best!!!!! PLEASE!!!!
serving tray with lid
5 years ago

1 comment:
I can completely relate right now but with one child rather then 3. Taylor is doing great on the potty with pee pee, except at night, but she forbids to go poopy on the potty. I also have offered her the mood but she just won't do it. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. At this point I am just giving her time and I am assuming she will wake up one day and want to do it. Good luck and keep the tips and posts coming.
Tina
Post a Comment