Monday, September 17, 2007

Monday Madness

So Sam's lip looks just fine this morning. He's such a little trooper. I'm finally only taking Ibuprofen for my tooth. It still hurts but I mainly have lots of sensitivity to hots and colds. So that's annoying but it's not horrible.

Our day was certainly trying. Gabe and Leona both have molars coming through. Teething is crazy because sometimes it doesn't seem to bother them at all and the the next minute they are so cranky you wonder what happened to your sweet little kiddos. I'm beyond ready to be done with teething. It's obnoxious.

Mondays are always tough days anyway. It's hard not to have Daddy around. He's very entertaining and it always helps me to have an extra set of hands. So come Monday we are all frustrated with each other.

We also have tumble time on Mondays at 3pm. This is the WORST possible time to have an activity for the kids. But do you have any idea how hard it is to get 3 kids into one class? And everyone in our class has multiples so it's REALLY nice that all of the parents are so understanding and we help each other out. The kids do love it but it just creates such a crazy cranky day for us.

I try to get the kids up a little earlier on Mondays and then hopefully put them down for a nap around 12:30 instead of 1:30. Some days they will take a little nap and then I'll get them up around 2:15 and get everyone ready to go out the door by 2:30 (cause it's 1/2 hour away too).

That didn't happen today. No one napped at all today before tumble time. Gabe was so upset so I got him up early and we all got ready and there was lots of crying and tears. We got everyone in the car and Gabe only cried half of the way there. We arrived about 20 minutes early and played with their puzzles and read their books in the waiting area (other toys are always better than the 8 zillion toys you have in your playroom).

So we have a very fun hour of tumble time. Well Sam and Gabe had a pretty fun hour. Leona was a MAJOR drama queen. She had been given a dose of Motrin before we left (at this point I'm just thinking she needs a permanent IV drip of the stuff). She would just fling herself on the floor and anytime we would ask her to do something she would just shake her pretty little head and say "No". Sheesh.

On days they don't get a nap I try to keep them awake in the car (water sippies and rice cakes help with this task) and then put them down for a short nap when we get home hopefully from 4:30 to 5:30. Leona wailed for a while and I would go and snuggle her and she was still upset. Finally I went up to get her one last time and she had stripped herself naked, pulled her crib sheet off and thrown out all of her animals. Sam had apparently had too much water and had completely wet through his diaper and his pants. He was so upset and just snuggled me for a while. Gabe actually did sleep for a little bit.

We had friends stop over just as I'm bring down the two naked kiddos. I'm sure I look like a complete mess as parent sometimes! They were so cranky even when Daddy came home. He took them for a walk and I stayed home to finish dinner. Leona only screamed for Mommy about half of the time. Nothing like a screaming wagon train walking down the street.

So who sent them a memo telling them they were "2" today??? Wow! I'm sure glad that every day is NOT a Monday!

1 comment:

EP said...

Isn't that cute... mommy's loosing teeth and the kids are getting them. :)

Sounds like you've had a crazier than normal few days.

Thanks for the updates. Send them all my love!

EP