Thursday, September 13, 2007

Random Thoughts

Today was such a fun day! I got pampered today. My toes are pretty again. And I got to spend time gabbing with my girlfriends. My friends Jen M. and Jen P. and I met for lunch and then off to the spa for a bit of relaxation. It was a great way to spend the day!

We are missing Auntie Erica. The kids still ask for her and then say "Bye-bye Erca" and "Erca airpane". It's really neat watching the kids remembering things now like names or books.

I'm not sure if my mom, the librarian, some how implated a book chip in them when she first came to see them in the NICU two years ago but my kids love books more than anything. They love to read. They love to have me read to them. They love to have anyone read to them.

Sam has a new favorite book. That Sam I am, That Sam I am. He does, he does like him some Green Eggs and Ham. He loves that his name is in the book and he will just give you the biggest grin when you read it to him.

Gabe will bring you books all day long. His favorites are truck books. Anything to do with trucks or tractors is just about his favorite thing on earth.

Leona loves all the books. She likes to sit and read them by herself. She does NOT appreciate having her books removed from her possesion. She'll let you know that she's unhappy by a wonderful screaching sound.

So Grandma...your brainwashing book reading plan is working!!! THANK YOU!!!

Out for lunch before Erica leaves.

Erica was recently in Indonesia for a mission trip. She sent us these beautiful clothes for the kids (and a really cute purse for me!). So we had to get some pictures of all of them together with their special outfits.

Leona and Erica - So cute!
Silly Sam and Erica
Gabe and Erica
Trying to get all 3 kids to STOP watching the big truck on the street.
So our sweet neighbor girl Isabelle has been coming over after school to hang out with us on Tuesdays until her parents get home. The kids LOVE having her around to entertain them!

No comments: